Children's Internet Policy
Internet workstations in the children’s room are intended for use by children or children accompanied by an adult.
- Patrons must register at the Children’s Circulation Desk prior to operating equipment.
- Typically, a person will be allowed to use workstations for one hour per day. Additional time may be granted if workstations are available.
- A maximum of two (2) individuals per workstation is allowed.
- Our equipment is to be used as provided. Personal hardware devices other than headphones are not to be attached to our equipment.
- Downloading/viewing pornographic material is strictly prohibited.
- No food or drink is allowed at our workstations.
- Children under 14 are not allowed to use workstations in the adult area unless accompanied by an adult, or enrolled in high school.
- Staff assistance is limited. Users must be able to use and/or learn to use the computers and workstations on their own. Basic computer skills are expected.
- The Internet is a global network with few controls. While some of the information available on the Internet is of very high quality, much material may be less than accurate, authoritative, appropriate, or timely.
The East Hartford Public Library is not able to monitor or control all of the material available on the internet and will be held harmless accordingly.
- Parents or guardians of children under the age of eighteen (18) years old are responsible for their child’s use of the Internet.
Violation of these guidelines will result in the loss of internet privileges.
Exceptions to these guidelines can be made by library staff.