Children's Internet Policy
Internet workstations in the children’s room are intended for use by children or children accompanied by an adult.
- Children must have their library card to log into the internet computers.
- Typically, a person will be allowed to use workstations for one hour per day. One extra hour may be granted if workstations are available.
- Our equipment is to be used as provided. Personal hardware devices other than headphones are not to be attached to our equipment.
- Downloading/viewing pornographic material is strictly prohibited.
- No food or drink is allowed at our workstations.
- Staff assistance is limited. Users must be able to use and/or learn to use the computers and workstations on their own. Basic computer skills are expected.
- The Internet is a global network with few controls. While some of the information available on the Internet is of very high quality, much material may be less than accurate, authoritative, appropriate, or timely.
The East Hartford Public Library is not able to monitor or control all of the material available on the internet and will be held harmless accordingly.
- Parents or guardians of children under the age of eighteen (18) years old are responsible for their child’s use of the Internet.
Violation of these guidelines will result in the loss of internet privileges.
Exceptions to these guidelines can be made by library staff.