Adult Internet Policy
Welcome to the East Hartford Public Library and Internet Access! The Internet is an interesting and valuable tool that we hope you enjoy using. In order that we can continue to provide this service to as many patrons as possible, we require all patrons to understand and comply with the following guidelines:
- Computers are available on a first come, first served basis.
- The library reserves the right to limit usage. Typically, a patron will be allowed use of the workstations for one hour per day. Additional time beyond an hour may be granted if workstations are available. Additional sessions may be limited to 30 minutes each.
- Comptuer usage and printing ends 15 mintues prior to closing.
- Staff assistance is limited. Users must be able to use and/or learn to use the computers and workstations on their own. Basic computer skills are expected.
- The library provides computer print services at 10 cents per copy for black and white documents, and 25 cents per copy for color.
- We can not guarantee that you will be able to print your documents immediately. Please plan accordingly.
- Please check to make certain that you are able to save your work to a disk when beginning your session.
- We are not responsible for lost time or documents.
- Please proof read your work. We are not responsible for errors on finished work. The library reserves the right to limit the use of paper.
- Our equipment is to be used as provided. Personal hardware devices other than headphones provided by the library are not to be attached to our equipment.
- The Library is not responsible for lost or damaged disks.
- Downloading/viewing pornographic material is strictly prohibited.
- No food or drink is allowed at our workstations.
- Parents or guardians of children under the age of eighteen (18) years old are responsible for their child's use of the Internet.
- Internet workstations in the Children's Room are intended for use by children or children accompanied by adults or guardians.
- The Internet is a global network with few controls. While some of the information available on the Internet is of very high quality, much material may be less than accurate, authoritative, appropriate, or timely.
- The East Hartford Public Library is NOT able to monitor or control all of the material available on the internet and will be held harmless accordingly.
Violation of these guidelines will result in the loss of internet privileges.
Exceptions to these guidelines can be made by library staff.